28 Ideas For Small Rooms
So that you can really use every square centimeter effectively
In small apartments and rooms, you have to be creative in order to have enough space. Here are a few ideas on how to make it easier.
- Bed with storage space: A bed with storage space is a blessing in small apartments - you can't believe how much extra space you suddenly have. You can either buy such a bed or you can become creative yourself and build one.
- Wall lamps instead of floor lamps: Floor lamps look nice, but take away a lot of space in small rooms. Luckily, today there are a large number of stylish wall lamps that are in no way inferior to floor lamps in terms of design.
- Divide rooms: By deliberately setting up furniture you can optically divide a room. This creates the impression that a room consists of two (eg kitchen and living room). Bar tables with stools or bookshelves are ideal for this.
- Less is more: small apartments and rooms do not offer endless space. So we should clean up regularly and remove things that we no longer need. This is how we can use space effectively.
- Radiators "roofing": radiators often take away a lot of space. However, we can cover it with a shelf, so to speak, and create space where there was none before.
- Use corners: Instead of placing a box or similar storage in every corner - which quickly becomes very overwhelming - we can use a shelving system. Open shelves give the room a greater effect.
- Mirror above everything: Any kind of reflective surface makes a room look bigger. Mirrors are the easiest way to make small rooms more effective.
- Go up: If you have little space, but high ceilings, this offers the possibility of a loft bed. This creates a few square meters of additional space quickly and easily.
- Flexibly flexible: If you have little space, rolling furniture can be a blessing. So you can change furniture quickly and easily, if once guests are expected.
- Halving: Sometimes you have very little space in a corridor because it's so narrow. Here you can still put something, for instance, a halved table lengthwise and attached to the wall.
- Form follows function: Do not be restricted by traditional furnishing rules. Use what you need and leave the rest. What should go for example? A large dining table when living alone in a small apartment?
- Many lights: Many small light sources are better than one big one. So you can also focus on certain areas in particular.
- Greening of Plants: Plants often take away a lot of space, but they also give every home a liveliness. If you have little space, you can hang plants on the wall.
- Coordinated colour scheme: An apartment in which many colours occur, seems restless. If you have a coordinated colour scheme even small apartments immediately seem friendlier.
- Appliances on the wall: If you only have a small built-in wardrobe as storage space for household appliances, you can use the door by installing storage facilities there. So here a broom can hang on the door, instead of obstructing space.
- Magnets and hooks in the kitchen: In each kitchen, you can create more storage space by using magnetic strips for the knives. You can also store a lot on hooks: from a wooden spoon to a small pan.
- Thin Legs: Use pieces of furniture with thin, small and inconspicuous legs. These do not obscure the view, which makes each room look bigger.
- Folding table instead of a desk: In small apartments, there is often no room for a real desk. If you do not want to use the dining table, a folding table can be of benefit.
- Wall shelves: Shelves that are fixed to the wall are a wonderful way to create extra storage space. Underneath then find other pieces of furniture such. For example, a desk.
- Sliding Doors: Is there a way to use sliding doors wherever possible? So you can often use space that is otherwise occupied by the arc of the door.
- Trolleys: Small trolleys with several floors not only look stylish, but they also offer a wonderfully flexible space.
- Hanging bedside table: If you do not have much space next to the bed, a hanging bedside table is one way to make more room.
- Clothes rack: One does not always need a cupboard or a box. Clothes can also be organized with coat racks and hangers. The open space is optically larger. In addition, you are more flexible than with a heavy cabinet.
- Multifunctional Furniture: Furniture that has a variety of uses is a must in small homes because it maximizes every square centimetre.
- White walls: The colour white opens rooms visually. We can use that and use it selectively in small rooms or apartments to make them look bigger.
- Transparent coffee table: A transparent coffee table, such as made of glass, does not obstruct the view, creating the impression of more space. In addition, under the table other things can be stowed, such as low stools.
- Chests as a coffee table: An alternative to a glass coffee table is the use of a chest. So you have storage space in addition to a table. Of course you can also use a coffee table, which offers storage space from the outset.
- Use any space: No matter how little space, everything can be used in a small apartment. So can towels. For example, they can be stored behind the bedroom door, hung on poles or hooks.
$19.68 - $20.74
- Made of 100% acrylic
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Individual mounting
In stock5.0 (1)Special offer
- For children and adolescents
- Proven quality
- Height 184 cm
$88.36 - $93.88
- Filigree look
- Made of iron
- Height: 61 cm
In stockSpecial offer
- With 12 removable hooks
- Incl. screw
- Can be extended
Dispatch in 1 week
Interismo Online Shop Shopping Highlights
Delivery in 2 - 3 working days.
We ship globally to more than 90 countries
Secure Payment using SSL Encryption Technology