Blumat Blumat for Houseplants XL Set
Provides the plants with water
($4.75 / item, All prices excl. VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- Ideal for holiday watering
- Simple & practical use
- Ensures greater water inflow
Item no.: XPF-WEN-10520, Content: 2 items, EAN: 9002683010520
The water dispenser with a suction hose is for individual houseplants that have greater water consumption needs, for a pot size of 15 cm (ceramic cone about 8 cm). Blumat XL is also suitable for potted plants (not too large) or balcony boxes if you use more than one. The water supply is located in a different vessel nearby.
The Blumat supplies the plant with water directly through its porous ceramic cone, so that the dry soil sucks up water. The water then rises through a 80 cm long hose from the source (in another vessel nearby). Up to 300 ml of liquid per day are delivered to the plant. The prerequisite for this regulating suction is that the water level in the planter has to be low to be watered. The low watering capacity is designed for use with houseplants, two bevel sizes can be adapted to their needs.
In addition, for larger plants, a higher number of Blumats cones are needed to supply the plant sufficiently. In order to use as a permanent irrigation system, you do need to regularly refill the storage vessel.
How does the Blumat work?
It is first filled with water and sealed. The suction hose must be carefully vented. As the soil dries, the clay cone gradually releases water and creates a vacuum inside. As a result, the water is sucked in from the adjacent vessel.
This is the same Tensiometer principle as the drip-Blumat. In this, however, the negative pressure is used to actuate a valve and the water is introduced with pressure.
|Type of Product (metainfo):||Plant Irrigation|
- Pull off the green cap
- Place the ceramic cone in water (15min)
- Fill with water up to the brim
- Place the green cap firmly on again.
- Place the Blumat pointy-tip down into your planter. For larger pots, use two Blumats. Use 1 Blumat every 15-20cm per planter. Make sure that the Blumat has good contact with the soil.
- Immerse the hose in a vessel full of water.
- The hose must reach the bottom of the vessel.
- The green cap has to be higher than the water vessel water level.
- Raising or lowering the height of the planter increases or decrease the amount of water released.
Questions & Answers about Blumat for Houseplants XL Set
English reviews written for Blumat for Houseplants XL Set
Customers also bought
Delivery in 3 business days.
More than 10.450 products
with SLL encryption technology