Solar Glass Sonnenglas® Classic - Solar Lamp
A classic solar powered lamp
Features & Advantages
- High-quality handmade product
- Fair trade and sustainable
- Glass: 100% recyclable
- With a USB-C connector
- With a micro-USB cable
Item no.: XPF-SG-C2G, Content: 1 item, EAN: n/a
Sonnenglas® is a fairly manufactured and sustainable light source that offers clean light and comes with new, exciting features.
This unique concept is as simple as it is clever: the solar module stores energy during the day, then emits the energy as light during the night. The Sonnenglas® makes the perfect garden lamp and creates a cosy, idyllic evening atmosphere indoors at home, outside on the terrace or out on adventures when you're camping. Thanks to its compact shape, it's easy to take on the go.
The latest generation of solar-powered lamps
Brand new and even more versatile! This solar lamp is the 6th generation of Sonnenglas® lamps and also works without the glass, making it a fully operational solar lamp that fits in your pocket. The creation of the lamps reflections another milestone on the way to providing sustainable light for everyone.
The 6th generation solar modules are 25 percent slimmer than their predecessors and last up to 30 percent longer. The brightness can be set up to five times stronger and can also be continuously dimmed.
Thanks to the combination of even more powerful solar cells and new solar electronics, charging is also up to 25 percent more efficient even in weak light.
The new solar modules are compatible with the previous generations of Sonnenglas lamps and can be combined with the previous glass lanterns.
How it works:
- Place your Sonnenglas® or the solar module in a bright place with direct sunlight. Let it charge.
- When you're ready to turn on the lamp, switch on the Sonnenglas® using the magnetic switch. Six solar-powered LED lights create a beautiful glow.
- Fill the glass with the decorations of your choice! Whether you show off sand from your last holiday, dried flowers or colourful stones, you can fill the glass with whatever you like.
- The solar module has a USB-C connection so it can also be charged in the winter or on rainy days.
- Particularly stable solar module - ideal for outdoor use
- Integrated hidden wire hanger for setting up and hanging the solar panel without the glass lantern
- Six LEDs (instead of four on previous models)
- Warmer, more comfortable light (3000 Kelvin)
- Glows up to five times brighter (100 lumens)
- Infinitely dimmable
- Integrated safety light mode (LEDs flash)
- Larger battery capacity
- Weatherproof and rustproof
- Up to 100 hours of light thanks to even more efficient technology
- Integrated RGB charge level indicator
- Light ring indicates if there is enough sunlight for charging
- Sustainable and environmentally-friendly
- With the latest generation of solar cells developed in Germany
- High-tech coating for maximum sturdiness
- Made from 70% recycled glass
- Modern USB-C connection for even faster charging (1.5 to 2.5 hours)
- Automatic day/night mode: switches off and on automatically
- Fair Trade principles are applied throughout the supply chain
- Red dot award winner: 2019
- Winner Good Design Award 2019
- Nominated for the German Sustainability Award Design 2022
Sonnenglas ® brings light into the world
The idea for the Sonnenglas® has always been inspired by people. The glasses are produced in a socially sustainable manner to offer maximum positive impact with a minimum ecological footprint.
As well as capturing sunlight, Sonnenglas® lamps support to economically and socially disadvantaged people and offers a sustainable alternative to polluting light sources. With more than 1000 sales partners, it is a prime example of global social entrepreneurship.
The Suntoy company in South Africa has been manufacturing Sonnenglas lamps since 2011, creating over 60 jobs, 75 percent of which are help by women. Employees also receive training that will give them prospects for the future. The starting salary is more than double the local minimum wage. Employees also receive one hour of training a day on the clock in mathematics and English.
The story behind Sonnenglas ®
Informal settlements in South Africa are often without reliable electricity, making kerosene lamps and candles the main sources of light. This can be very dangerous - these light sources often cause serious fires. In 2010, a South African electrical engineer and photovoltaics specialist, Harald Schulz, was commissioned by the glass manufacturer Consol to develop a solar lamp from their jars. The goal was to create a reading lamp and safe light source for informal settlements. Five years later, more than 750,000 solar lamps have been produced.
|Type of Product:
English reviews written for Sonnenglas® Classic - Solar Lamp
- No reviews available